The Hills Course opened in 1931. It is a traditional "sporty" layout reminiscent of its era, with small putting greens and rolling terrain.
At the opening ceremony for the Hills Course, the first two players off the tee were professionals Walter Hagen and Gene Sarazen (they were the Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth of that era).
Over the years the Hills Course has been the venue for many championships, including the Ohio Open Tournaments in the 1980s and 1990s, plus the United States Women's Public Links Championship in 1994 (the only USGA championship ever held in Stark County).
Men's par is 70 and Ladies' par is 71 for the Hills Course.